• Adventures
  • Artsyfartsy
  • Foodie Finds
  • Nifty Stuff
  • Thoughts
  • Tuesday 3 January 2012

    Adieu 2011!

    After a whirlwind of events that have been catastrophic and uplifting, we bid farewell to one intense year. I wanted to begin this 365 on a happier note but fate had it otherwise. However after all the feelings of pain and loss have been drained out of my system, I believe I'm ready for a fresh start. I was thinking about deleting all my previous posts (because they sound utterly depressing) but I have decided to keep them there-- a reminder of darker days that shall motivate me to continue seeking the lighter side of things.

    As a reminder of how awesome the little things in life are, I was supposed to write a list of the 24 most memorable things that happened to me in 2011 to celebrate 24 insane years on this earth. I really didn't get the chance to become bright and sunny on my birthday so here's a rundown of random things that I remember the most:

    In 2011..

    1. I Flew out of the country for the first time
    2. I Climbed the Great Wall of China
    3. Rode a toboggan down a mountain
    4. Cried over margaritas
    5. My mom had cancer
    6. My mom survived it!
    7. I worked for the Mafia
    8. Spoke in front of 400 high school kids at one time
    9. Dyed my hair for the first time
    10. Fell in love with Singapore
    11. Read "Hunger Games"
    12. Watched 3 Idiots
    13. Fell in love with Dusty (my iTouch)
    14. Joined Instagram
    15. Watched a play with Mr. P for the 1st time
    16. Played Monopoly Deal
    17.  Learned to use a radio
    18. Painted my nails blue for the 1st time
    19. Ate donkey meat for the 1st time
    20. Ate crocodile meat for the 1st time
    21. Lost a laptop
    22. Our house got flooded
    23. Became a god mother
    24. Ran 5k and finished it




    Random, ridiculous, nifty, and crazy. Yes, this is my world and there are more things to muse and enthuse about in the next days. I'm just warming up. Happy New Year everyone!

    The 365 continues!

    4 comments:

    1. Happy New Year dear! Sayang we weren't able to hang out in CD0! But hey 2012 just started more time for new adventures! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hopefully, we'll be gushing the next time we get together for margaritas! hihi

      ReplyDelete
    3. Yes! And I'm just in Manila (pati si Mario hehehe). :) see you around!

      (Happy New Year, Faye!)

      ReplyDelete