• Adventures
  • Artsyfartsy
  • Foodie Finds
  • Nifty Stuff
  • Thoughts
  • Wednesday 1 February 2012

    Head-Bobbing to the Beatles!

    I have always believed that I'm an old soul. When most people feel like they were made for the glitz and glam of the 50's, I've always believed that my past life flourished some time between the 60's and 70's. 

    The love for color, fun, and hip happenings has always been in my blood. My dad was the true-blue hippie of his day-- aviators, colorful bell-bottom pants, an enormous collection of LPs, and a once-upon-a-time fascination for Ananda Marga. This hippie of a dad also taught me the wonders of listening to the Beatles. 

    When Mr. P's mom invited us to a Beatles set last night I was beaming from ear-to-ear. Despite the strain my 3.3k jog gave me, how could I resist a night of EPIC music? A quick shower and a short ride after, I find myself in a double date with Mr. P's mom and pop. Haha. 

    Tita Cel's high school classmate was part of a quintet of talented musicians who really know how to make the crowd go wild! The band had a performance that night at Chrome in The Fort Strip. It was, as we expected, an OPP (old people party) but hey, nobody's too young or too old to have fun.

    It was so much fun to see people head-bobbing and singing along to classics like "I Saw Her Standing There", "All My Loving", "Hard Day's Night", and the walang-kamatayang "Let It Be". What was more amazing and amusing to find myself giddily writing my song requests on tissue! Hah! My favorite Beatles song is "Here Comes The Sun" and it never fails to melt my heart each time I listen to it. Mr. Lead Guitarist was a bad ass guitarist and crooner as well! He seriously tugged at my heart strings. This song is close to my heart because it helped me get through the time when a dear friend of mine passed away in 2006. 

    Mr. P found himself equally entertained as well, jotting down his own requests and grooving to the beats. The real show stoppers of the night were the grams who couldn't help but get up and do their signature 60s dance steps (hohoho) that I never thought I'd see anymore! Haha. The whole swaying from side-to-side with thrusting arm movements really cracked me up!

    The whole act was absolutely enjoyable because the band really stepped up their game. Beatles na beatles talaga! They've perfected the blendings, the adlibs, and the amazing ability to keep a crowd entertained. Sulit na sulit ang pag crash sa OPP. Too bad they didn't sing another favorite, "Blackbird". Here are two clips: the original version and a sweet cover by The Glee Project's Cameron Mitchell. Enjoy!







    1 comment: