• Adventures
  • Artsyfartsy
  • Foodie Finds
  • Nifty Stuff
  • Thoughts
  • Saturday 18 February 2012

    Speed Dating! (Delayed Post)

    I have to admit that I do get all warm and fuzzy during special occasions--especially on Valentine's day. Many might shrug it off and say that it's a freakin commercial holiday (an excuse to sell overpriced flowers and kill each other with diabetes-inducing sweets) but I really don't mind. It's the perfect excuse to smother people with love and happy thoughts!

    Throwing surprises for people gives me a different kind of high. It's my own brand of heroine! Haha.

    Because S has been so busy making other people happy and spreading smiles everywhere, it was my turn to shower her with love.

    ‎"Dates may come and go but I'll always be your valentine" 
    A box of Cloud 9 in the morning  + happiness = an Instax-worthy moment. :)

    I also put together a breakfast love package for Mr. P (photos have to be extracted from the sister's laptop) that consists of his favorite things: a box of blueberry Dutch Mill yogurt drink, a sinful sandwich with choco-banana spread, and an irresistible red velvet cupcake from Sonja's! I also popped in a little good morning note and a fuzzy Instax photo of my early-morning self. haha.

    My teammate Tonie, who's been feeling blue lately for the lack of a proper Valentine to call her own-- was part of my "spread the love" project. I made her a sandwich much like what I made Mr. P and she was beaming from ear to ear, smothering me with hugs and squeals of excitement. Hooray!

    Throughout the day, I also posted cheesy posts on my family's wall. I'm sure my teenage brothers cringed with embarrassment because of Ate's declaration of love-- but hey, one of them "liked" it anyway.


    Before Valentines, my guy teammates have been so busy discussing "surprises" for their girls. I know the old adage "it is better to give than to receive" is always true-- but a sappy part of myself has also been yearning for that fuzzy v-day feeling (because I'm idealistic like that). Haha. I've been so bummed the past week thinking that Mr. P didn't have anything in store for me (he's not an avid fan of the commercial holiday nor is he one to give flowers). I was set on hating him that day but much to my surprise-- great things come to those who wait! Despite him having to work late that day, he surprised me with an early dinner invite and *drumroll* 3 long-stemmed roses. Haha.

    Malt Milk Shake, Hungarians with shoestring onions, and Funny Bed Fellows: steak slivers on fries
    First customers to write on their glass doodle wall! :)

    I'm allergic to pollen but what the heck, flowers really make a girl feel special!


    I ran off to another dinner date when Mr. P turned Cinderella on me-- except that his "curfew" wasn't at midnight but at 8:00 P.M. Had a few bites of mojos and pizza with my surrogate family and had a blast talking about how our days went.

    Love is definitely sweeter when shared to others. <3

    No comments:

    Post a Comment