• Adventures
  • Artsyfartsy
  • Foodie Finds
  • Nifty Stuff
  • Thoughts
  • Tuesday 17 April 2012

    The Week That Was

    Been carrying this heavy backlog after Holy Week due to the insane turnout of developments in my life. I'll try to breeze through the events that transpired last week in a nutshell:

    NEW LIFE, NEW DOOR


    Mr. P decided to sponsor our door's new 'do right after the break-in that happened last month.Over the holiday, we did a DIY paint job. It took us a full day to strip off the paint (and left it because we got hooked to Alcatraz) and did the sanding & paint job all in one day. Thanks to MC Home Depot, we got everything that we needed! 

    While most couples were bunny snuggling on a Monday, we were sweating it out sanding and mixing paint!

    The result? A bad ass blue door! 


    THE TERRIBLE TUMMY TROUBLE




    Was rushed to the E.R. last Thursday night because my stomach bloated and it was really painful. Good thing Mr. P was on his way to pick me up when I felt the pain. After 2 hours of tests and listening to the ER nurses sing chorale versions of Lion King songs, I was diagnosed with Dyspepsisa-- a recurrent upper abdominal pain or discomfort that is usually characterized by sharp or dull ache. Symptoms include bloatedness, nausea, and vomiting. 

    I've had hyperacidity attacks ever since 2008 but this one was the worst. I was surprised that my tummy was so big (it couldn't have been that dimsum dinner!) and brought unusual discomfort. The doctor said my frequent tea intake (due to its high caffeine content), stress, and skipping meals could have triggered it. So after the 40 day no-meat challenge, another challenge comes my way! Taking a long break from tea and a long list of acid-inducing food. *sigh* But as Barney Stinson always says-- CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!


    FLORES DE DANGWA


    In an effort to be the BEST best man, Mr. P and I have been helping his friend Kevin with his wedding preps. We spent an entire day running around Manila last Sunday to look for wedding entourage flowers. The mecca of flowers, Dangwa, in Sta. Cruz, Manila made me really dizzy. I'm crazy about putting together events and crafts so the flower market we went to made me feel like a kid in a candy shop! We were lucky enough to narrow the search to one florist, who gave us a good deal for the couple's budget. 

    We also spent the afternoon "window shopping" at the newly-opened Lucky Chinatown Mall and grabbed a few happy finds at 168. The best part of the trip was invading our friends Jac & Kelvin's restaurant for a dimsum feast (that was hyperacidity-friendly)! 

    I didn't get to take photos of the adventure but here's a photo of the bunch that Mr. P bought for me before we went home:



    Another week just started and I'm looking forward to the craziness ahead!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment