• Adventures
  • Artsyfartsy
  • Foodie Finds
  • Nifty Stuff
  • Thoughts
  • Thursday 26 January 2012

    Shoo Flu!





    Massage has always been a staple in our family. My parents have amazing hands. They have healing hands that soothe anything from the simplest aches to the most griping of pains. Getting massages from them always left us feeling better-- even when we weren't sick. It has been a ritual for us ever since we were kids to "line up" for my Dad's massage at night. Even if my dad was really tired and sleepy, he still made it a point to accommodate our lambing requests for massages.

    Growing up, it became the other way around. My brothers and sister discovered their gift of touch when they were in their teenage years. Like my parents, they had the "power" to make people feel better with a few presses and rubs. Unfortunately, I'm the only one who wasn't able to inherit that gift for giving good massages.

    My mom always request us siblings to give her a back rub after a day of battling the corporate world. She'd always try to agitate me so I can get the pressure points right. She'd tell me in a spa-like, airy voice, "You're angry at the world Czarinna. Let out your frustrations. Be angry that you're fat, that your friends are out and you're at home"... It never fails to motivate me. Haha. I think the only time I do an excellent job at giving massages was when I was upset.

    Because of my attachment to massages, I always make it a point to get a massage whenever I don't feel well. My sister S (though she can do a mean massage) insisted that we head out to get one when I was sick the other day.

    I'm glad that we headed out that night despite my on-and-off bout with the chills. Since our suki spa closed down recently, we were forced to look for a new place. So we decided to try out the Nuat Thai branch in Maysilo Circle! 

    It was our first time at the Maysilo branch and we were absolutely thrilled with the service that we got. It was a short trike ride away from my house. Upon entering the quaint spa space on the 2nd level of the building, we were greeted by the soothing smell of peppermint and lavender. We've tried Nuat Thai in CDO and were very happy with our session so we were really looking forward to having the same experience in Manila. 

    We chit-chatted with the attendants and discovered that all of them were Cebuano! This made it feel closer to home since we were free to converse in Bisaya. They also gave us an insider tip that all of the staff working for Nuat Thai franchises were all true-blue bisayas because the owner himself was a Cebuano. Whee!

    What I love about Nuat Thai is their signature pebble-covered pathways and wooden accents. S and I were ushered to the foot soak station where we enjoyed a pre-massage foot scrub. Lovely! My clogged nose and aching body were so excited for the Swedish massage with peppermint oil.

    It was a good hour and a half of rest, relaxation, and healing! I dozed off immediately after my therapist began working on my thighs! The massage really took away all my back aches and I'm so grateful to my therapist for being thorough enough to knead out the pain on my right shoulder blade. (I think I even drooled and/or snored at one point or another.haha)

    The complimentary hot tea at spas always makes me happy. Nothing beats a warm cup after a relaxing rub down!

    We left the spa with smiles and sighs of relaxation. It was one of the best massages that I ever had! I really felt like my flu went away in an instant. 

    S and I then walked to the nearest Shakey's and ordered ourselves some comfort food-- pizza and pasta! After filling up our bellies we headed home for more sisterly bonding and then dozed off like two happy pigs.

    *sigh* I still daydream about that massage. Definitely can't wait 'til my next visit!


    ----

    Nuat Thai Foot & Body Massage, Mandaluyong
    Maysilo Circle, Mandaluyong City
    Number (02) 489 6815


    No comments:

    Post a Comment