• Adventures
  • Artsyfartsy
  • Foodie Finds
  • Nifty Stuff
  • Thoughts
  • Monday 27 February 2012

    At a Standstill (well, not really)

    Chapter 2 in The Little Red Dot. Bugis Junction, SG.


    It is that part in every story when you're struggling to flip the pages to the next chapter because there are so many things going on. No matter how much we love the book, there's always that chapter that's "dragging"-- a long, semi-excruciating wait for the story to catch up with its pace. I'm there. I'm in that chapter right now. The flurry of events have been too overwhelming and too much that it feels like I'm running on an unending treadmill.

    I'm almost about to end my term at work (my boss insists that I still have a uniform made, I vehemently protested) and my last hurrah (a big concert on March 10)  is so near yet so far. There is still much to do before Mr. P and I leave home and reunite with the spitting Merlion. 

    While I feel like I'm trapped in a time-warp, I am trying to take in as much despite the limited time that we have left before our big move. I find myself going out on more spur-of-the-moment adventures with Mr. P-- something that hasn't been in our book for a bit because of my arch nemeses of the month: Naruto & One Piece. It's been amazing how he's been so patient accompanying me to and from UP (indulging my insatiable thirst for the Maginhawa F&B culture) and spend unusual afternoons playing non-stop Monopoly Deal or catching up with my college friends. We've also been enjoying weekly visits to new food haunts near The Fort (a recent trip to Army Navy convinced us that we still have more to explore this side of town).

    We've also decided to do our own Lenten sacrifice this year-- extending our days of no pork/beef/chicken to the entire 40 days of Lent. We're on Day 6 and it has been a welcome challenge for us. Having given up rice since January, the Pescetarian diet is greatly helping with our New Year diet regimen. This discipline (and the diet itself) has made us feel lighter physically and emotionally.

    The past weeks have also been good to us since we started a reading & watching spree. Our days are no longer consumed by idle hours online. Hooray! Most nights we find our noses stuck in books (I'm reading "The Persian Pickle Club" while Mr. P is leafing his way through "The Mysterious Benedict Society") and in-between we spend countless hours catching up on new flicks and sinking our teeth into the exhilarating adventures of Sherlock.

    I'm milking my last days in the metro for what it's worth and on Wednesday I'll be watching UP Repertory Company's BAHAY-BA(HA)YAN: Tatlong Maiikling Dula featuring plays by Chris Martinez, Abet Cruz, and Nick Pichay where my sister will be performing! 

    Definitely enjoying all the cheap thrills I can find this summer while waiting for Chapter 2!

    1 comment:

    1. Wow you're leaving soon! I hope we can catch up before that big move! :)

      ReplyDelete