• Adventures
  • Artsyfartsy
  • Foodie Finds
  • Nifty Stuff
  • Thoughts
  • Friday 10 February 2012

    Scribbles Are the Humble Beginnings of Great Events

    The hiatus has come to a halt. My boss just finished her meeting with our EVP/CFO to discuss the proposals that we made for our Open House activity this March. After weeks of waiting and wasting time online (haha) my proposal finally got the green light! Hooray!

    My notes and planners (yes plural, I have many of them) are packed with new scribbles and doodles for two events that we're organizing for February and March-- and I'm about to strap on my seat belt for another wild ride. 

    I've been working professionally for events for two years now and I must say that the hustle and bustle of nerve-wracking preparations have become my daily dose of vitamin C. There's a different thrill that comes over me when I go obsessive compulsive over the tiniest details-- whether it be the font used for the invites or the schedules of ingress/egress for the event. There is much to do and much to visualize-- invites, ads, set-ups, letters, permits, marketing strategies, menu planning, etc. Despite the heart-attack inducing stress that comes from coordinating with suppliers and dealing with fickle-minded superiors, the end-product always becomes rewarding. 

    Nothing beats seeing thoughts materialize before your very eyes. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment