• Adventures
  • Artsyfartsy
  • Foodie Finds
  • Nifty Stuff
  • Thoughts
  • Sunday 17 June 2012

    Dada's Day!


    Everyone needs a cheerleader. Someone to pat their backs for a job well done, to send a few words of encouragement, give them big hugs when their scared, and constantly find ways to make you smile. 

    My dad has always been my number 1 fan. Ever since I could remember he has always been beside me-- watching me close by as I ripped out newspapers to practice my motor skills as a baby and ensuring that I don't gobble up the entire page; prodding me on to be brave enough to ask for extra ketchup or napkins at the fast food counter when I was a toddler; keeping my silly drawings of mermaids and cartoon appliances when I was learning to draw in grade school; staying with me during theater rehearsals in high school; e-mailing me nuggets of hope during my loneliest days in college; and reassuring me that I could conquer the world after that.

    I admire my dad because of his zeal for life and appreciation for the simplest yet most meaningful things in  this world. We share the same fascination for relishing exceptional little wonders of life like capturing a mesmerizing sunset, getting lost in a book store, discovering an interesting website, or trying out new recipes. He never fails to give people a reason to smile. I believe that this is something I take after him. 

    It's been five long years since my dad and I last saw each other. This is something brought about by unfortunate circumstances, however he allows us to feel like he is always with us. While most people are surprising their dads with cakes and gifts, giving them big hugs and planning Fathers Day lunches for tomorrow-- I'm left to daydream of the next time I'd get to rush to him and  give him a big hug.

    Thank you for being my biggest cheerleader and my super hero, Dada. Your love keeps us stronger everyday. 

    I love and miss you.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment