• Adventures
  • Artsyfartsy
  • Foodie Finds
  • Nifty Stuff
  • Thoughts
  • Thursday 19 January 2012

    Dinner for TWO!


    After work last night, Mr. P and I went out for an anniversary dinner date. We went out for what else? Pizza! We're both big on pizza! Mr. P always says that he can eat pizza "all day, everyday, twice on Sundays!". I've always wanted to try Joey Pepperoni but never really had the time so we drove to JP in Pioneer (which is really near our place).

    Photo from site.

    The place wasn't packed that night so it was perfect for some quiet quality time! The place was really nice-- dimly lit and the seats were comfy. The first thing I noticed about the interiors was the big city scape mural on the wall. So artysyfartsy!


    Taken with Dusty!
    They even had paper lanters with a sticker of their logo in the middle. How nifty!





    We ordered in no time! We were both so famished it didn't take us that long to decide on our menu for the evening: creamy mushroom soup, Cesar's salad, baked cheesy fries, and The Works pizza!

    Before our orders were served, I took the chance to give Mr. P my cheesy love package. Yax! I wasn't able to take a photo of the package because I put it together in such a rush. haha. *facepalm* I can't believe that I wasn't able to do some fancyshmancy wrapping like I always do. I just threw everything in a long brown kraft paper button & string envelope and wrote a "WARNING: This contains cheesy stuff" note on the flap.


    These always help save the day! I've used them for so many impromptu gifts. haha

    The package contained a pretty kraft paper card that I picked up from National Bookstore. I'm crazy over brown-paper packaging and kraft paper! It looks really classy and simple. I stamped the right inside flap with red stars using a self-inking star stamp that I bought in Fully Booked. The result? A really happy letter with lots of love!




    I also bought this nifty orange photo frame from National Bookstore and placed a photo of my very first trip with Mr.P! I know some of you are laughing at me for giving him something generic (do I hear a virtual snort somewhere?) but I seriously wanted him to have a photo of us-- para maiba naman.

    (Sorry no photo. Too embarassing. Haha.)

    Cheesiness aside, we wolfed down our dinner in no time! Wasn't able to take photos of some of our other orders beacuse we were too hungry!






    The mushroom soup was creamy and seasoned just right. For Php110, it was worth it! The salad wasn't that bad either. I enjoyed the bacon bits because they were really packed with flavor. The entire dish had the right proportions of flavor and texture. The baked cheesy fries were so good-- we didn't have time to stop and take photos. The baked fries came with a creamy meat-sauce. The Works was alright. I've had better pizzas but it was filling as it is-- bacon, pepperoni, black olives (my favorite), mushrooms, onions, and lotsa pepper.

    Mr. P said years back the pizza presentation was more impressive. I would've enjoyed it more perhaps if they used the wooden platters (as how Mr. P described it).

    After talks about how our day went and news from around the globe (haha). We went on our way and capped off dinner with some banana milk from the Korean mart across the street. Woohoo!




    Oops! But before this post ends, I'd like to share a photo of me & Mr. P! It's our 2nd year of doing "tradition" Polaroid shots to celebrate our anniversary. This, i think, is the only photo we had together during that night. Hmph!

    Our yearly tradition-- taking a cheesy polaroid of ourselves

    Another photo to add to my growing Polaroid wall (which I will be showing you very soon), another year oflove and laughter. Oh I'm so in love with this cranky boy! :)


    5 comments:

    1. Coolie, I've never heard of that Korean Banana Milk - must try must try. Oh, and happy anniversary! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh you should try it darling! It's so much fun! Thank you for the greeting! :)

        Delete
    2. soo cute.. and I love joey pepperoni pizza... since they make their own pizza dough.. yum!

      ReplyDelete