• Adventures
  • Artsyfartsy
  • Foodie Finds
  • Nifty Stuff
  • Thoughts
  • Friday 20 January 2012

    Skin & Soul Food

    The other day while I was at the Assumption HS college fair, I was caught by surprise when an old lady (about late 60s) approached me in the middle of my haggardo versoza booth setup...

    OL (old lady): "Ay! How nice naman your skin! What do you use for your face"
    Me: *awkward smile* "Thank you ma'am! It's nothing really. I just use Celeteque."
    OL: "Reeeeally? Everything? Like moisturizer?"
    Me: "I use their facial wash and toner. Then Olay moisturizer lang"
    OL: "So nice talaga your skin! Sige sige iha i'll go ahead muna okay?"
    Me: "Okay ma'am. Thank you."

    Anoraw??? Haha. That moment humaba talaga ng hair ko! From Assumption HS in San Lorenzo, umabot ata sa St. Mary's School in CDO (my high school alma matter). Grabehhhh. I swear, pinag-GM ko talaga sa friends ko both in high school and college!

    That's how amazed I was by OL's comment. Me? Maganda ang skin? Kamown!


    The past years I've looked really haggard-- both because of the nature of my work and lack of attention to skin issues. I'm not big on makeup. I only apply the basics-- powder, blush, and gloss. But on most days I feel better off not wearing any at all. My skin is really sensitive so it's not really make-up friendly. I have to be really picky when it comes to products I use on my face.


    I think that ever since I started sticking to a basic beauty (chos) regimen, & my skin has been clearer and more noticeable. My friend J is one who always tells me that I look good and my skin looks better!

    The secret to better skin is actually very easy. Most of the beauty blogs and magazines I read have told me three important things: CLEANSE. TONE. MOISTURIZE. That's really all there is to it!

    I can't sleep at night without washing my face. Even when I was piss-drunk in college, I'd make it a point to get to the nearest sink and wash my face with soap & water. O diba?

    There are three things I can't NOT before a day ends: 1) Take a bath (and of course wash my face in the process) 2) Brush my teeth, and 3) Drink water before going to bed

    But really, clean skin makes me feel so much better!

    As I intended this to be my first "beauty post" here are my no-so-secret facial weapons:


    1) Celeteque Facial Wash. What I enjoy about this product is that it's really gentle on the skin. It's an effective facial cleanser that takes out all the dust and grime accumulated from a day in the dirty metro without drying your skin.  

    2) Celeteque Alcohol-Free Toner. I'm fortunate enough to be the type who doesn't have big pimples-- but I always get a patch of those annoying buggers on my forehead and cheeks. Ever since I used this toner, the little show-stoppers have been to shy to make an appearance. This product really helps lift of the excess dirt and keep my face pimple-free!

    3) Olay Active Hydrating Fluid - Original. This baby has been a staple in our family! My Mamita, mom, aunt, and both my sister & I use this. There's no moisturizer like it! Though it may be a bit creamier than other moisturizers, Olay leaves your skin supple and smooth-- surprisingly without leaving weight! It seeps right into your skin and makes your skin feel super fresh! Thanks to my Dad for keeping us stocked! 

    4) Zen Zest Tea Tree Oil. Tea tree oil is known to be have natural antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial components. It is also used as an effective remedy for skin ailments such as infections, insect bites, spots, and burns, and even acne! I use apply a layer of tea tree oil on affected areas before going to sleep and so far, I'm really satisfied with how my pimples dry up in an instant! Unlike other pimple-fighting creams I've tried, this one does the trick better-- and the best part about it? It's organic! But word of caution, tea tree oil has a really sharp smell and leaves your skin with a bit of a stinging sensation when applied. Leave it on while you sleep and in the morning, your skin woes are remedied.

    Aside of course from stuffing my face with fruits and vegetables &  keeping hydrated (I can consume LITERS of water a day!), the "glow" on my face can be attributed to the fact that I recently extinguished the stress bunnies harassing me-- leaving me with a less haggard look.


    Ever since I started being more positive about things (yes napaka new age--but it's true though) I really felt a different confidence in me. I feel lighter, sunnier, and ready to take on any challenge! When you find a reason to be happy-- it radiates inside out. 

    So aside from washing your face and sticking to the routine, try and smile more and think about what makes you happy each day!

     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment