• Adventures
  • Artsyfartsy
  • Foodie Finds
  • Nifty Stuff
  • Thoughts
  • Wednesday 7 March 2012

    FFFF: Fun Foodie Finds of February

    My relationship with this blog has been on the rocks the past weeks-- It has been moping around, giving me snide remarks from time to time because of the lack of attention from me. I feel bad, because most days it has been trying so hard to say "hey I'm still here!" yet I always respond with "I'll get back to you later". "You don't find time, you make it", it said, drawing my attention to updates from my favorite blogs. So here I am, in a full effort to appease it. Haha.

    The past weeks have been crazy-- it's that time of the year when I whirl and twirl non-stop around our office (for our open house activity on Saturday). Meetings left and right, mountains of artworks for production, and a million and one things to be done ASAP. On top of that, I just had to conquer some "real world" feats that required my undivided and mature attention.

    Despite the tumultuous month, I have still been able to rely on my fool-proof source of sanity: good food. So let me share with you some of my best foodie finds in February (since March has just begun):




    Army Navy couldn't have said it better: "Walk in hungry, come out happy"

    Mr. P, Jem, and I got takeout from the BGC branch and we were all smiles. We shared an order of the Double Burger-- a big ass double-pattie beef burger that topped all of the burgers I ate that month. Didn't have time to snap a photo because we were famished and too engrossed with it. But I did manage to take a few minutes to admire these tangy fries and onion rings. 


    The ultimate grilled cheese sandwich from the Treston cafeteria!

    As a reward for sharing my "quiz master" skills with the Computer Studies kids, they sent me THE BEST snack I've ever had at school-- a melts-in-your-mouth sinfully cheesy grilled cheese sandwich. Seems unappealing at first but believe me, there's more than mozzarella in that sandwich! One of these babies can make you say goodbye to your diet. Snaps to Chef Sam for a slice of heaven. 





    My Pescetarian Dinner at Cafe Mediterranean

    February also marked the start of the 40-day Lenten abstinence from pork/beef/chicken for me and Mr. P. It's our 15th day of our new diet and it has been quite an exciting adventure picking out food that we can actually eat. Sister S and I were able to coax our uncle into treating us for dinner at Greenbelt 1 and I was thrilled that they agreed to order pescetarian dishes! Hooray for having a supportive family! Falafel and Hummus are order staples for me (S exclaimed that falafel is a great meat sub) so I tried something new-- Tapenade, which is a simple mixture of olives, capers, and olive oil. Much to my delight (being an olive lover) I had the serving all to myself. haha. We also ordered fish kebab pizza and smoked salmon pasta. It was indeed a fun way to stay off meat!


     Cafe Ti-Amo When gelato looks like cake, it's harder to resist!

    That same night with my sister and uncle, we tried out a new dessert place. Cafe Ti-Amos gelatos are beautifully crafted like cakes-- making them more delectable looking! Much to our surprise, the regular gelato servings (Php 90 each) had two scoops of your desired flavor. We got the blueberry cheesecake, pistaccio, and tiramisu. This contributed much to the night's food coma. haha. Their gelatos taste really nice. The right amount of sweetness and creaminess! I'm definitely going back.



    The Snickers Ice Cream Bar

    Your Php 65.00 is well spent when you get inside a Rustan's store and grab yourself a Snickers Ice Cream Bar! My friends were originally raving about the Twix version (oh I love Twix so much) and how I should try it but the downside was that someone has been hoarding the Twix ice cream bars in Katipunan. Funny story, the culprit (who turns out to be one of our friends) came clean and admitted his crime! So when I found myself in Katipunan one weekend, I had to dash to the frozen foods section and try my luck. Unfortunately, the only stock left was the Snickers bar but that did not disappoint me at all. Everything you love about the chocolate bar has been incorporated into the ice cream bar-- the light chocolate coating, chewy caramel, and crunchy peanuts! But the best part is that it's in cold cold ice cream form! 

    No matter how many restaurants I go to or how many funky foodie finds I stumble upon, my taste buds always find themselves craving for home-cooked goodness-- especially Master Chef P's cooking! Since our change of diet, menu-planning has become more exciting. We're constantly thinking of ways to make our meals more enjoyable despite the big shift. This March I'm looking forward to more culinary masterpieces from my personal chef! 'Til the next fun foodie find post! :)


    Mr. P's Dory Nuggets


    No comments:

    Post a Comment